Sunday, November 1, 2009

what i wanted to write about on Saturday (yesterday)

after a not so ideal lunch yesterday, i had a suprisingly good day spent with my mom today.

we made pumpkin bars and i learned her tasty recipie. we did our usual shopping for random things we 'needed', including halloween candy @ target ;) and without sounding too childish, its kind of nice having my mom come up because she usually buys me something when we go out together. not that i ask- its just her way of showing me love. sometimes its hard to accept knowing she struggles with money just as much or more than i do. but i appreciate it even more that way.

and when our time together was almost over, we took our old new purses (meaning they had been collecting dust waiting for us to switch over) and organized them together. i know this may seem unimportant and not very exciting, but it really made me happy.

and it was truly fulfilling to have at least one happy, sunny day with my mother. inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment