Tuesday, November 22, 2011

my high school nemesis

in junior high, when i moved to my "hometown" she was best friends with the girl i wanted to be best friends with.

in high school, when all i wanted was a boyfriend, or at least a date for prom, it was her who was in a semi-serious relationship.

in college, she went to Africa. it had been my lifelong dream to go to Africa.

and today, she just announced the birth of her firstborn boy- named Asher. and, indubitably, Asher is the name that my boyfriend & I had decided on a few years ago on for our firstborn boy, partially because it was so unusual.

now granted, i am not pregnant, nor will i be for the forseeable future. however, after this news, i only have one comment:

are you freaking kidding me right now?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment