Sunday, May 29, 2011

irony and guilt and stress, oh my!

those things have somewhat been the theme of this week. i had someone telling me repeatedly today what a happy person i am, when the truth is i've had a really stressful/depressing week. and part of the reason why is because having this person around my family makes me nervous. i love this person, but this person has, repeatedly in past experiences, stirred the pot. and i mean the overflowing, boiling pot. and when this happens, she gets to leave and go back to her life, far away, without having to take ownership for any of it. and time passes, life goes on, and then it happens again.

tomorrow. i'm dreading tomorrow. maybe it will all be fine, but i'm not feeling very optimistic. and i'm hoping memorial day won't be very memorable. a mellow, boring day would be just fine with me.

and when it's all said and done, i will come home and take a nap. it's been too busy of a weekend for my taste. and to quote a greeting card i have, "sometimes you just need to take a nap and get over it."

No comments:

Post a Comment