Sunday, June 13, 2010

two things that make my mouth water

Sarah's quiche:

5-6 eggs (minus 1 egg white set aside in small dish)
7.5 ounces of Ricotta cheese (about 1/2 of a regular sized container)
1/2 cup of shredded cheese (i like to use either Italian blend, or chedder & parmesean)
give or take 3 Tbsp. milk (i just have 1%)
1 tsp. flour
~1/4 cup shredded Hormel Natural Choice deli ham lunchmeat
~1/4 cup mushrooms
~1/4 cup chopped french onions
~1/4 cup diced red pepper
(Different meats/vegetables can always be substituted, my personal favorite is spinach, plain & simple!)

I use a store bought pie crust to line the pie/quiche dish- Pilsbury is always good & cheap- and glaze the crust with a egg white/milky mixture. Then I cover the showing crust with foil and bake everything together for about 45 minutes. Yum!




Best Smoothie Ever: (in honor of my recently purchased blender)

1 peach
1 banana
1/2 container fresh rasberries
1/2 small container lowfat vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. ground flax seed
1/2 cup milk (again i use 1%)

I like to first crush 3-4 ice cubes to make it super cool especially during summer. Then add chopped fruit and rest of the ingredients. Again, fruits are always easy to substitute but this tastily gets me out of my strawberry-banana habit ;) tomorrow i'm going to try watermelon and grape! Serves 2- enjoy!


(oh, and for the record, i don't have a recipe book to reference as i created these two delights myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment