Wednesday, October 12, 2011

sushi breakthrough

so, i've never been a big fan of sushi...until today that is! a few weeks ago a "sample man" @ hy-vee was giving samples of edamame and california rolls. i gladly accepted the warm salty soy beans but was hesitant to try the "deli" sushi. but much to my suprise it was SO tasty!

and then, today, i had a strange craving and decided to go to hy-vee and get those yummy california rolls (& a couple crab rangoons of course, so as not to be too healthy) and my lunch was less than $8. Total. Can you believe that? $6 for a 12 pack of california rolls...and they tasted better than any i had tried at the two fancy sushi restaurants i've been to. and i only ate 6 rolls, so it was like 2 meals for the price of one.

granted i'm no conisseur, but all that mattered to me was that my lunch was fresh, satisfied my hunger and yet was still nutritional, and didn't burn a hole in my wallet all at the same time. it was a total breakthrough for me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I work in Customer Service at Hy-Vee and came across your blog today. Thank you for blogging about our sushi. We would like to send you some coupons. Could you please send your contact information to me at hvcs@hy-vee.com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome- you can email me at sarahchan01@yahoo.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete