Tuesday, March 15, 2011

surreal-ness

i'm sitting at home in the middle of the day, but i'm not unemployed. what?

yes, it's true. one of the perks of my new job is that i get one afternoon off a week (due to working a little overtime during the rest of the week.) in actuality, it adds up to a 38 hour work week. not as good as 40 hours, but still, i can't complain.

so far my new job is going great! people are nice, work is more than tolerable, and today i celebrated my first paycheck by getting lunch at a place called "noodle zoo". it's like panera on crack, but includes different varieties of pasta as well as the soup/salad/sandwich deals, and is locally owned. so next time you're in des moines, friends, i'll treat. because i love you, and because i now can :)

2 comments:

  1. I might (major emphasis on might) be in Des Moines with K at the end of May. My brother gets married memorial day weekend, so we might be able to get together for a meal with you and J, if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would quite literally be the best thing ever! keep me posted, friend ;)

    ReplyDelete