Tuesday, April 6, 2010

tribute

here's to the man i love: i'm so lucky to have a guy,

- who doesn't just drop his brother off @ the airport, but waits until its time to board before leaving

- who gets excited whenever i cook something- anything, but never expects me to

- who kisses me before leaving for work everymorning, even if i'm somewhat unconscious

- who takes out the trash and changes the light bulbs

- who still, after all this time, wants to hold my hand, play with my hair, or just put his hand on my thigh while driving or watching a movie together

- who cuts up raw chicken when i can't handle it

- who lets me pick the restaurant

- who wants me to hang out with my friends, and isn't clingy or controlling

- who bails me out if i can't afford rent this month

- who visits my family with me, despite the infamous and never ending drama

- who always makes me laugh, no matter how shitty of a day I've (or we've) had

- who never wants me go to bed sad

- who is silly and makes inside jokes with me

- who takes me to movies (even some he doesn't always want to see)

- who likes to travel, and plan trips, even if they might not happen until we're retired

- who teases me and makes me the center of his universe

- who knows all the things i hate about my self and disagrees

- who makes breakfast for his siblings

- who doesn't judge me for taking naps or drinking pop

- who likes having pet fish

- who despite all his talk, is good with animals and children

- who's whole face lights up any time he tells a story or memory

- who owns Amelie and Moulin Rouge

- who plays tennis with me when no one else can

- who has a rubber ducky collection

- who always likes my hair, and compliments me unexpectedly on days when i feel fat

- who is smart, witty, and intelligent

and,

who knows me better than anyone else, and still loves me. here's to Jesse, the man who will always have my heart.

1 comment:

  1. sarah, that was super-sweet. i'm glad you're happy. here's to the good men in our lives!

    ReplyDelete